Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
Format: Downloadable Video
- List Price: $299.99
- Scaled Agile Price: $179.99 (WITH CODE SAFE40)
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Scaling Software Agility: Best Practices for Large Enterprises
By Dean Leffingwell
Leading SAFe® 4.0 Video Training
Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework® 4.0
Leading SAFe 4.0 LiveLessons, 2nd Edition provides an in-depth exploration of version 4 of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging SAFe and its underlying principles of Lean systems thinking, Agile development, and product development flow. By applying SAFe across the enterprise, software and systems-dependent organizations can improve time to market, productivity, quality, and employee engagement, making them more agile in the marketplace and more competitive in their industries.
Praise for the first edition of Leading SAFe LiveLessons
“This was my first introduction to the SAFe Framework and although overwhelming, it is well put together and full of hands-on exercises and videos to enforce the concepts. This course takes you through the entire framework from Team to Program and details the activities involved in each level. Dean adds a few extras toward the end that cover leadership and team motivation. Excellent course to have as a reference as my organization goes through this transformation.” 5 out 5 Ranking
—Keisha Harris, Courtesy of FrontRowAgile
The goal of this course is to equip you with the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. Your guide will be Chief Methodologist, Dean Leffingwell, the creator of the Framework. In his signature pragmatic style, Dean leads you through eight key lessons where you’ll get high-level overviews, as well as specifics where you most need them; exercises to test yourself on what you’ve learned; and at the end of the course, clear-cut steps you can take to start your journey of transformation. After watching this video, you can expect to have an understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework; Lean thinking and embracing Agility; how to apply SAFe’s nine Lean-Agile principles; how to plan, execute, and implement an Agile Release Train (ART); how to build really large systems in a Lean and Agile manner; how to build and operate an Agile Portfolio; the leadership skills necessary to achieve the next level of enterprise performance; and how to better lead this next generation of knowledge workers.
What You Will Learn
- A high-level overview of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- The principle cornerstones of SAFe; thinking Lean and embracing Agility
- How the Framework builds upon Lean, Systems Thinking, and Agile Development: the Nine SAFe Principles for Lean-Agile development at enterprise scale
- How to scale Lean-Agile development from the team, to program, value stream, and portfolio level
- How to implement an Agile Release Train
- How to plan and execute a Program Increment
- How to build really large systems in a Lean and Agile manner
- How to build and manage an Agile Portfolio
- Insights into the skills and values of Lean-Agile Leadership—a learning journey
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1: Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
- Lesson 2: Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Lesson 3: Understanding SAFe Principles
- Lesson 4: Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Lesson 5: Planning a Program Increment
- Lesson 6: Executing and Releasing Value
- Lesson 7: Building an Agile Portfolio
- Lesson 8: Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Lesson 9: Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
About the Instructor
Widely recognized as one of the world’s foremost authorities on software development, Dean Leffingwell is an author, entrepreneur, and software development methodologist. His two best-selling books, Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise and Scaling Software Agility: Best Practices for Large Enterprises, form much of the basis of modern thinking on Lean-Agile principles and practices. Founder of several successful startups, including Requisite, Inc., makers of RequisitePro (acquired by Rational), Mr. Leffingwell also served as Chief Methodologist to Rally Software, and prior to that, as a Sr. Vice President at Rational Software (now part of IBM). He currently serves as Chief Methodologist to Scaled Agile, Inc., which he co-founded in 2011.
Skill Level / Who Should Take This Course
Intermediate–Advanced: Executives, managers, consultants, leaders, program managers, and Agile change agents; anyone in an enterprise level software development environment looking to achieve the business benefits of advancing agile beyond a few teams or projects.
5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management. Some experience in Agile.
INTERESTED IN ENTERPRISE LICENSING?
Please fill out the form below, and a team member will respond to you as soon as possible.
* These fields are required.