Scrum, XP, and Lean Practices for Teams in the SAFe Enterprise
About the Course
This two-day course goes well beyond Scrum. It teaches Lean thinking tools, roles, processes, and the software engineering practices necessary to achieve the code quality you need to scale Scrum to your enterprise business context.
You will learn to apply:
- SAFe, Lean, and Agile—The SAFe framework, Lean principles, and the Agile process movement.
- Team structure—High performing Agile teams, the Scrum Master role, and the Product Owner role. At scale, teams, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners have additional responsibilities and challenges.
- Building Backlogs—Writing user stories and other backlog items, sizing and prioritizing, and writing acceptance criteria. At scale, team backlogs are part of the enterprise backlog model for integration with the program and portfolio.
- Sprint execution—Planning, backlog refinement, tracking, demoing, and continuous improvement. At scale, these include team-level and program-level ceremonies and events.
- Agile technical practices—Strategies to avoid “waterfalling” a sprint, TDD, ATTD, automated testing, and continuous integration.
- Launching the Agile Release Train (ART)—Preparation for the first program-level Release Planning Meeting.
Associated Certification: SAFe Practitioner (SP)
About the SAFe Practitioner (SP) Certification
The SAFe Practitioner certification program is for software developers, testers, project managers, product managers, and other practitioners involved in software development. It validates their knowledge in applying SAFe ScrumXP (Scrum, Lean, and XP inspired practices) in an enterprise context so that they can prepare for the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework at the team and program levels.
- 1+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Attend the 2-day SAFe ScrumXP course
- Pass the SP exam (retakes are $50 and can be taken 45 days or more after the previous exam)
- SP Content Kit (pdf material for non-revenue generating use)
- SP Branding Kit (certification mark, material co-branding, etc.)
- Certified SP directory listing (optional)
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
For SPCs: How to License This Courseware
The courseware can be licensed by certified SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) in good standing and can be delivered as a public enrollment course, on-site class, or part of an Agile Release Train Launch. To license this courseware, click here.
What You Get
- Course PowerPoint Slides
- PDF Workbooks
- Instructor Materials and Handouts
- SAFe Practitioner (SP) certification exam administration and scoring
- Online course feedback survey
- Those attendees who pass the exam will receive membership for one year, access to the private SP member area, downloads, and invitations to special events.