COVID-19: Adapting the SAFe® Way
Scaled Agile Inc. prioritizes the health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and community members above all else. We are closely monitoring the situation around the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, and evaluating ongoing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We understand that travel restrictions related to the coronavirus impact how and where our customers engage with SAFe®. Fortunately, SAFe gives us the tools to respond to change and plan for uncertainty. In an effort to provide stability and continuity for your ongoing transformation efforts, we’ve assembled some resources and adapted several of our policies around remote delivery, event attendance, and PI Planning with distributed team members.
Remote SAFe® Training
We’ve heard that some of you are challenged—given travel restrictions—to continue training your teams and keep your transformations moving forward. Currently we’re allowing remote delivery of private courses, and we’ve made a library of resources and best practices for remote delivery available at our Community Platform. We’ll be in contact with the affected trainers to provide them with additional information.
Remote PI Planning
Face-to-face PI Planning may be ideal, but remote planning is a growing reality with globally distributed business units and teams. We’ve gathered together some of the best practices for planning with organization, empathy, and communication across teams and timezones, so that you can plan successfully in any configuration. Please visit the Community Platform for additional resources.
We’re excited to announce that the European SAFe Summit happening 10 to 11 June, 2020, will be an interactive, virtual event! Get more details here.
- My company has travel restrictions due to Coronavirus. Are we able to have remote participants in SAFe classes?
- How is Scaled Agile responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Can I deliver Scaled Agile Training remotely?
- As an SAI partner, can I teach my public classes remotely?
- How do I request permission to deliver training remotely?
- As an SAI partner, why do I need to request permission for private classes?
- I’m an SPC at an Enterprise with an SAFe Learner Subscription (SLS), why do I need to request permission for remote private classes?
- I’m an SPC but not a Scaled Agile Partner, can I deliver remote Training for public classes?
- What is the response time for my remote delivery permission request?
- What resources will I receive once my remote delivery permission request is approved?
- Will Scaled Agile be continuing to offer the remote training options after COVID-19 pandemic is over?
Whether you’re planning to attend an in-person training or event or simply want to protect yourself and those close to you, we refer you to this fact sheet and suggested safety precautions from the WHO.
Safety is our first priority and we’ll continue to monitor this situation and adapt to best serve our customers. Please refer to this page for the most up-to-date information.