SAFe® 4 Agile Product and Solution Manager Certification
Exam and certification summary
Required Course: Agile Product and Solution Management
Certification level: Intermediate
Job Role Description / Target Audience:
An Agile Product and Solution Manager combines Design Thinking with Lean-Agile values and principles to create products and solutions that are desirable, viable, feasible, and sustainable. They understand how Continuous Exploration fuels innovation and helps to define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets and accelerate the product lifecycle to get fast feedback to deliver exception products and solutions.
Key Areas of Competency
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing, and competitive landscape
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing
- Use empathy to drive design
- Apply product strategy and vision
- Develop and evolve roadmaps
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe
- Explore Innovation in the Value Stream
Exam Prerequisite Skills or Knowledge
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the exam:
- Familiarity with Agile principles and practices
- Attended at least one SAFe course
- Background in Product or Solution Management
- Experience being a Product Manager, Product Marketer, Product Owner, Business Owner, or bringing products to market
The first step toward becoming an Certified SAFe® 4 Agile Product and Solution Manager is to attend the Agile Product and Solution Management course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name: SAFe® 4 Agile Product and Solution Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Agile Product and Solution Management course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam Study Materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course Materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to reference back to the content that was specifically presented during the class.
- Study Guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice Test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam*, and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Test – Download questions
What Attendees Get
Becoming a Certified SAFe® 4 Agile Product and Solution Manager requires an exceptional range of skills. Certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® 4 Agile Product and Solution Manager PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® 4 Agile Product and Solution Manager digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the APSM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey