SAFe® Scrum Master (4.0)
SAFe® Scrum Master with SSM Certification
In this two-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe® Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New or existing Scrum Masters
- Team Leads
- Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
In this course you will:
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend.
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbooks
- PDF workbooks
- Course certificate
- Access to the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam – requires course attendance
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based; Open Book
- Exam Access: First attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam Duration: Candidates have 30 days from course completion date to answer all questions and submit their exam
- Number of Questions: 43
- Passing Score: 31 (72%)
Renewals are from the date of certification.
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.