SAFe for Teams
Establishing Team Agility for Agile Release Trains
Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member on an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Practitioner (SP). During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of the qualities of high-performing Agile Teams, the ART and how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP.
Attendees also learn how to write Stories and break down Features, plan and execute Iterations, and experience a PI Planning event. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, the importance of a DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams on the ART, and what it takes to continuously improve.
About SAFe for Teams
To perform the role of a SAFe® Practitioner, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
- Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan iterations
- Execute iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Practitioner (SP) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion. Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
For more information about the exam and benefits of becoming a Certified SAFe professional, click the More Exam Details button.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
Ready to start your SAFe transformation?View Training Calendar
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
- Practicing SAFe®