SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager
Delivering value through effective Program Increment execution
With SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Certification
Based on version 4.5 of SAFe
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
- Exam name: SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 35 out of 45 (78% passing score)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- Sample Test Questions
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
|Activity Number||M7RLU3||Duration||2 days|