SAFe Release Train Engineer
Facilitating Lean-Agile Program Execution
With SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer Certification
Based on version 4.6 of SAFe
Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
The following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Release Train Engineer certificate
- A SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Release Train Engineer, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
- A SAFe Release Train Engineer certification usage guide with RTE certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $295
- Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
- Exam name: SAFe Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 44 out of 60 (73%) for RTE 4.6 exam
Note: 40 out of 60 (67%) for RTE 4.5 exam
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 20 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through
|Activity Number||SAFeRTE||Duration||3 days|