Learn how SAFe is enabling smart devices to get smarter and examples on how SAFe is being used to enable Lean Portfolio Management. You will also learn about the role of systems architects in SAFe and about lean-agile budgeting.
SAFe in the News
Emerging consumer technology influences your industry
By Greg Simpson, CIO.com
- Up and coming Trends in 2019 include: Voice, Machine Learning, IoT, and intelligent RPA (robotic process automation)
- Some of the most interesting developments are when these solutions start to merge. The Apple watch (IoT) now detects falls (machine learning) and will talk to you (voice) and reach out for help if it thinks you need it. We see similar combination effects in industry as RPA solutions tap into machine learning to make decisions.
- To survive in this tidal wave of tech, we need to be fast. Fast to adapt, fast to implement, and fast to evolve. We’ve had agile teams for years, but as our solutions scale, we also need to scale our agile approach with frameworks like SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework). Enterprise Agile is the “how” of emerging technology solutions.
Learn how organizations around the world are using SAFe to handle these complex emerging technologies at scaledagile.com/casestudies.
SAFe in the Trenches
Lean Portfolio Management is a Core Competency made up of
Strategy and Investment funding, Lean Portfolio Management and Lean Governance.
Joe shares an example of an organization that was flooding the Program backlog with projects and how they implemented a kanban at the Portfolio level to help with flow into the Program level.
Check out the Lean Portfolio competency at scaledagileframework.com
The Audio Community of Practice section of the show is where we answer YOUR most frequently asked and submitted questions. If you have a question for us to answer on air, please send it to email@example.com
The two questions we answer in this episode are:
- How does SAFe account for unplanned work?
- How does SAFe Support Agile Budgeting?