SAFe® 5.0 Distilled
Achieving Business Agility with the Scaled Agile Framework®
Format: Book (Also eBook and Book + eBook Bundle)
- List Price: $39.99
- SAVE 35% WITH CODE SCALEDAGILE via InformIT
Copyright July, 2020
About the Authors
SAFe Fellow and Principal Consultant
Richard has more than 30 years’ experience in software and systems development in roles ranging from developer to executive, and has been leading large-scale Agile transformations for well over 15 years. Richard actively works on advancing SAFe’s Lean-Agile methods as a SAFe® Fellow and Methodologist. As a principal consultant, he is passionate about helping organizations create a better environment to deliver value, improve quality and flow, and be more engaging and fun.
SAFe Creator and Chief Methodologist
Recognized as one of the world’s foremost authorities on Lean-Agile best practices, Dean Leffingwell is an entrepreneur and software development methodologist best known for creating SAFe®, the world’s most widely used framework for business agility.
His best-selling books, Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise and Scaling Software Agility: Best Practices for Large Enterprises, form much of the basis of modern thinking on Lean-Agile practices and principles. Founder of several successful startups, including Requisite, Inc. (acquired by Rational), Mr. Leffingwell also served as Chief Methodologist to Rally Software, and prior to that, as Sr. Vice President at Rational Software (now part of IBM). He currently serves as Chief Methodologist to Scaled Agile, Inc., which he co-founded in 2011.
“Those who master large-scale software delivery will define the economic landscape of the twenty-first century. SAFe® 5.0 is a monumental release that I am convinced will be key in helping countless enterprise organizations succeed in their shift from project to product.”
—Dr. Mik Kersten
CEO of Tasktop and author of the book Project to Product
Provides an In-depth Understanding of SAFe
Business agility is the ability to compete and thrive in the digital age by quickly responding to unprecedented market changes, threats, and emerging opportunities with innovative business solutions.
SAFe® 5.0 Distilled: Achieving Business Agility with Scaled Agile Framework® explains how adopting SAFe helps enterprises use the power of Agile, Lean, and DevOps to outflank the competition and deliver complex, technology-based business solutions in the shortest possible time.
This book will help you:
- Understand the business case for SAFe: its benefits, and the problems it solves
- Learn the technical, organizational and leadership competencies needed for business agility
- Refocus on customer centricity with design thinking
- Better align strategy and execution with Lean Portfolio Management
- Learn the leadership skills needed to thrive in the digital age
- Increase the flow of value to customers with value stream networks
Table of Contents
Part I: Competing in the Age of Software
- Chapter 1: Business Agility
- Chapter 2: Introduction to SAFe
- Chapter 3: Lean-Agile Mindset
- Chapter 4: SAFe Principles
Part II: The Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Chapter 5: Lean-Agile Leadership
- Chapter 6: Team and Technical Agility
- Chapter 7: Agile Product Delivery
- Chapter 8: Enterprise Solution Delivery
- Chapter 9: Lean Portfolio Management
- Chapter 10: Organizational Agility
- Chapter 11: Continuous Learning Culture
Part III: Implementing SAFe, Measure and Grow
- Chapter 12: The Guiding Coalition
- Chapter 13: Designing the Implementation
- Chapter 14: Implementing Agile Release Trains
- Chapter 15: Launch More ARTs and Value Streams; Extending to the Portfolio
- Chapter 16: Measure, Grow, and Accelerate
Who Will Benefit from this Book
Intermediate – advanced: executives, managers, consultants, leaders, program managers, team members, and Agile change agents; anyone looking to achieve the benefits of advancing Agile beyond a few teams or projects and achieving business agility for their enterprise.