Show Notes Episode 7
SAFe and Lean UX, Balancing the roles of PO, PM and Business Owners
Learn the benefits of adopting Lean-Agile UX into a SAFe implementation and how to balance the roles of the PO, PM and Business Owners. We’ll also be addressing how servant leadership differs from traditional leadership and common antipatterns when writing PI Objectives.
SAFe in the News
Three things we learnt about integrating UX design into the Scaled Agile Framework, SAFe
By Jennifer Fabrizi and River Brandon
- Learn about the “zone of happiness” where product management, business technology and design converge.
- How to shift the product team’s mental model from work being a feature factory to being more of a learning ecosystem that we share with one another.
- The importance of creating a culture of shared responsibility
Learn more about how SAFe addresses Lean UX by visiting scaledagileframework.com/lean-ux/.
SAFe in the Trenches
Hear Jennifer Fawcett, one of the leading experts on the Product Manager/Product Owner role in SAFe shares an example where the PM/PO and BO roles got out of balance and how the organization worked to get them back in balance.
Check out the new Agile Product Management course at scaledagile.com
The Audio Community of Practice section of the show is where we answer YOUR most frequently asked and submitted questions. If you have a question for us to answer on air, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The two questions we answer in this episode are:
- Lean-Agile Leadership is a foundational concept in SAFe. How does this mindset – and a servant leadership mindset in general – differs from a traditional mindset?
- What makes PI Objectives tricky and what are some of the common antipatterns that our listeners can avoid?