SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Certification
Exam and certification summary
Required course: SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager
Certification level: Core
Job role description / target audience:
A Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager is a SAFe professional who works with customers and development organizations to identify and prioritize requirement
Key Areas of Competency
- Apply Lean-Agile Mindset and SAFe Principles and practices
- Identify customer needs
- Write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and Stories
- Prioritize work to deliver value to the enterprise
Exam Prerequisite Skills or Knowledge
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the exam:
- Experience in Agile
- Experience in Lean
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe Professional is to attend the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam. A complete list of courses, including dates and locations, is on the Scaled Agile, Inc. website.
- Exam name: SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam -or- SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice , multiple response
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course.
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score – POPM4 = 35 out of 45 (77%); POPM5 = 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Exam Study Materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course Materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to reference back to the content that was specifically presented during the class.
- Study Guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice Test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam*, and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample test – Download questions
What You Get
Becoming a Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other Certified SAFe Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey