Certification Program Policy
Scaled Agile, Inc. Professional Certification Program Policy
A SAFe® certification is a valued credential and requires investment in time and money to achieve and maintain. Scaled Agile, Inc.’s (“SAI”) Professional Certification Program Policy protects the exam-taker (“Candidate”) and SAI’s investment and the integrity, validity, and security of all SAFe Certification Credentials. SAI also makes great efforts to ensure SAFe Certification Exams are fair and results are reliable. Toward these goals SAI has established rules to minimize any unfair advantage that may be gained by a Candidate’s misconduct related to the examination process, and requires the highest level of ethical and professional conduct.
- Qualifications to Take a SAFe Exam
To qualify to take an Exam, a Candidate must complete the related course, and may be required to possess certain skills and complete specific accomplishments as set forth on the specific Exam webpages on the SAI website at www.scaledagile.com.
- Candidate Agreement
The Scaled Agile, Inc. Professional Certification Program Candidate Agreement (“Candidate Agreement”), on the SAI website at www.scaledagile.com/certification/candidate-agreement/ sets forth the terms and conditions that govern participation in the SAI Professional Certification Program (“Program”) the taking of all SAFe Certification Exams (“Exam”). To initiate an Exam, a Candidate must first accept the terms of the Candidate Agreement, pay any applicable fee, and represent that all registration information is accurate and that s/he is the person registered to take the Exam and is qualified to do so. Any misrepresentations or violations of these terms may result in the loss of SAI certifications, suspension from the Program and SAFe Community Platform, and may have other legal ramifications.
- SAFe Exam Details
A SAFe Exam is taken to achieve a SAFe Certification Credential. SAFe tests are materials provided by SAI directly to the Candidate for the purposes of assessment and Exam preparation. The details unique to each Exam are set forth on the specific Exam webpages on the SAI website at www.scaledagile.com.
- Exam Retake Policy
The Exam Retake Policy applies to all SAFe Exams: If an exam is not successfully completed the first time it is taken, no waiting period is required before taking the exam a second time, and can be attempted immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait, and the fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Each retake requires the payment of a fee which is set forth online on the specific exam page. Once an exam is successfully passed, exam retakes are not permitted. The SAFe Exam Retake Policy does not apply to assessment tests and practice tests.
- Exam Time Extension
SAFe exams are developed with language, localization, reading level, and question length considerations as part of the exam development process. Therefore, beginning with the SAFe 4.5 courses, time on the related exams will no longer be extended beyond the posted exam time.
- Non-Disclosure Relating to Exam and Test Development
SAI works with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop exams. All SMEs are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement outlining the activities and ownership of the work related to publishing of a SAFe exam.
- Non-Disclosure Relating to Exam Content
All Exams are administered for the sole purpose of testing knowledge in the area referenced in the title of the applicable Exam. Exam security, including secured exam content, is critical to the integrity and value of a certification. SAI uses credentialing industry best practices for the confidential development and delivery of low and high stakes certification testing including the protection of all Exam content, and does not disclose Exam questions in any format other than in the testing environment. The content of each SAFe Exam is the proprietary, confidential, and copyright-protected material of SAI and must not be reproduced, used, transmitted, published, sold, distributed, displayed, or disclosed in any form, including without limitation, verbal, written, electronic, or any other means for any purpose, or used to create derivative works.
- Non-Disclosure Relating to Test Content
SAI provides diagnostic assessment tests and materials directly to the Candidate for the purposes of assessment and Exam preparation. That content, including Exam questions and answers is also proprietary, confidential, and copyright-protected material of SAI and must not be reproduced, used, transmitted, published, sold, distributed, displayed, or disclosed in any form, including without limitation, verbal, written, electronic, or any other means for any purpose, or used to create derivative works.
- Testing Practices
The foundation of the SAFe community is trust. SAI makes great efforts to ensure SAFe testing is fair and results are reliable. Toward those goals SAI requires the highest level of ethical and professional conduct from each Candidate. Every Candidate must adhere to specific rules relating to conduct before during and after the Exam process as set forth in the Candidate Agreement which the following Requirements and Prohibitions:
Requirements. A Candidate must:
- Take each Exam independently, without assistance from another person, and without written notes, published materials, testing aids, or any other material during the Exam, with the exception of an Exam that is expressly listed as “open book” on the SAI Exam web page.
- Conduct him/herself in an appropriate and civil manner at all times at public testing locations or events.
Prohibitions. A Candidate must not:
- Falsify his/her identity or impersonate another individual.
- Solicit or allow another person to take an Exam on his/her behalf.
- Reproduce, use, or disclosure any Exam or Test content in any form (digital, print, verbal) to anyone before, during, or after testing.
- Seek or obtain or use any materials or information containing actual Exam questions or answers other than SAI practice Test materials provided directly to the Candidate by SAI in preparation for the Exam.
- Talk to other Candidates live or virtually during an Exam.
- Look at the screens of others who are taking an Exam.
- Give, seek, or receive unauthorized assistance during an Exam.
- Possess, refer to, or otherwise use any materials or equipment including but not limited to cellular phones, hand- held computers, laptop computers, tablets, electronic devices, removable drives, cameras, any recording devices, watches, wallets, backpacks, briefcases, purses, hats, car keys, bags, vests, coats, books, notes, paper, documents, or any writing materials while taking an Exam.
- Use any SAI materials, regardless of source, during an Exam.
- Make notes of any kind if in a secure areas of a test center except on the writing materials provided at the test center for this purpose.
- Alter any document provided during the certification process including the certification certificate.
- Remove or attempt to remove any Exam material, in any format, from the testing area.
- Offer to sell, sell, publish, display, distribute, disclose, or reproduce any part of any Exam or Test content, by any means, including, but not limited to, web postings, formal or informal preparation or discussion groups including communities of practice, chat rooms, reconstruction through memorization, study guides, or by any other method or in any materials.
- Create derivative works form any part of any Exam or Test content or Materials.
- Engage in any conduct that is intended to, or results in, assisting or providing unfair advantage to others is prohibited.
- Engage in fraudulent conduct or misrepresent her/himself as having a Certified Credential when s/he has not successfully earned that status or if such status has expired.
- Engage in any conduct that compromises the integrity security, and confidentiality of an Exam or the SAI Professional Certification Program.
- Use of SAFe® Trademarks and Certification Credentials
“Trademarks” includes terms marked with the registered mark ® and includes “Scaled Agile Framework®” and “SAFe®”, design marks, brand names, logos (including SAI logos), domain names and other similar designations of source, sponsorship, association, or origin, whether registered or unregistered, provided by SAI. SAI has exclusive rights to its Trademarks and Certification Credentials. One may nominally refer to SAFe, but may only use the Trademarks and Certification Credentials as permitted by SAI.
Permitted Use. Certification Credentials are earned and held by individuals, not corporate or other entities Upon passing an Exam, SAI will grant an individual a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, personal, revocable right to designate oneself with the applicable Certification Credential and to use the same to market, advertise, and promote activities as a SAFe-certified professional. SAI grants no other right, title, or license to the Certification Credential or SAI Trademarks. Use of the Certification Credential and Trademarks is subject to the terms of the Candidate Agreement and SAI’s usage guidelines and restrictions set forth in the SAFe Certification Kit and Usage Guide to which access is granted on the SAFe Community Platform upon achieving a SAI Professional Certification Credential.
Prohibited Use. One will not, nor permit others to:
- Delete, alter, or obscure any Trademark, copyright, or other proprietary notices appearing in any SAFe materials.
- Add or insert any other trademark or copyright into or on any SAFe materials.
- Use the Trademarks or Certification Credentials or other SAFe content or graphics (such as the Big Picture) in any manner that implies that any other products or services are “SAFe” or are endorsed, approved, or provided by SAI without a license granted by SAI in a formal written agreement or by other express written permission from SAI.
- Take any action that is adverse to, challenges, dilutes, or interferes with any of SAI’s rights in or to the Trademarks, Certification Credentials, domain names, and other similar designations of source, sponsorship, association, or origin.
- Register or apply for registrations, anywhere in the world, for any trademark, trade name, service mark, brand name, certification mark, logo, or domain name that is similar to or incorporates the Trademarks or Certification Credentials in whole or in confusingly similar part.
- Use any Trademarks, Certification Credentials, or SAFe abbreviations or acronyms in any domain name, email address, or other social media identifier.
- Take any action or make any statement that is unfair, misleading, disparaging, or deceptive relating to SAI or SAFe materials, Trademarks, Certification Credentials, products, services, methods, customers, or associates.
- Make any representations, warranties, guarantees, indemnities, similar claims or commitments, actually, apparently, or ostensibly on behalf of SAI, regarding the Trademarks, Certification Credentials, or any ideas, techniques, or methodologies of SAI.
Required Conduct. Once one passes an Exam and is certified by SAI, one must:
- Conduct oneself according to a high standard of professional conduct and to be guided by the Scaled Agile, Inc. Code of Conduct on the SAI website at www.scaledagile.com.
- Ensure SAI has a current postal address and email address.
- Inform SAI, without delay, of matters that can affect one’s capability to continue to fulfill the conditions of the Certification Credential.
- Protect Certification Credentials against inappropriate or unauthorized use, including protecting against another person, or an organization in which one is not actively involved, to use a Certification Credential for any unauthorized purpose.
- Comply with all terms of this Agreement including the obligations relating to non-disclosure, indemnity, and usage of Trademarks and Certification Credentials.
- SAI Action for Noncompliance
Violations of this Agreement may result in the loss of Certification Credentials, suspension or ban from the Program and Community Platform, and may have other legal ramifications.
- Certification Term
The term during which one may use a Certification Credential commences upon receiving notification from SAI that one has passed the Exam, and shall continue for as long as that Certification Credential is valid and in good standing (“Certification Term”). Good standing requirements are set forth on the SAI website at www.scaledagile.com. To maintain a Certification Credential one must comply with the designated continuing certification requirements prior to the end of the Certification Term or the Certification Credential and all rights related to the use thereof shall terminate. SAI will publicly announce any changes to such requirements and set reasonable deadlines for achieving those requirements in order to maintain Certification status.
- Termination and Expiration
SAI may terminate a Candidate Agreement for cause and revoke a Certification Credential at any time upon written notice. Cause for termination shall include, without limitation, (i) any breach of the Candidate Agreement, (ii) SAI’s determination, in its sole discretion, that on has cheated on any Exam, has aided in the cheating of an Exam, or has disclosed Exam questions or answers to a third party, or (iii) a misrepresentation of a Certification Credential. If for any reason and at any time and in its sole discretion, SAI determines an Exam result does not accurately reflect one’s true knowledge or mastery of the subject matter of the Exam, SAI has the right to revoke a Certification Credential and all rights relating thereto.
- Effect of Termination or Expiration.
Upon termination or expiration of a Candidate Agreement or Certification Credential, all rights related to the Certification Credential, including all rights to use it and SAI Trademarks will immediately terminate, and one must immediately cease to represent oneself as SAFe-certified. Except as provided herein, one will have no further rights or obligations under the Candidate Agreement after its termination or expiration.
SAI reserves the right to use any reasonable methods for the purpose of verifying the identity and certification status of a Candidate, including without limitation, the use of challenge questions, statistical assessment of exam results, identification numbers, photographic verification, and signature verification.
- Program Changes
SAI may, in its sole discretion, change the SAI Professional Certification Program without notice. Such changes will be posted on the SAI website at www.scaledagile.com and may include, without limitation, adding or deleting available Certification Credentials and modifying certification requirements, recommended training courses, testing objectives, outlines and exams, including how and when exam scores are issued. Fulfilling the Program requirements, as changed, is a condition of obtaining and maintaining a Certification Credential.