Lean Portfolio Management
Aligning strategy with execution using the Scaled Agile Framework
SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management is a two-day interactive course that includes an optional one-day “Getting Started with LPM” workshop.
In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the portfolio vision. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize epics for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
About Lean Portfolio Management
To perform the role of a Lean Portfolio Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following recommendations will make the training more significantly more productive.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
For more information about the exam and benefits of becoming a Certified SAFe professional, click the More Exam Details button.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
Ready to start your SAFe transformation?View Training Calendar
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function